Brexit… when a widely anticipated event ever surprised markets?
Remind me the last time when a widely expected event ever took Financial markets by surprise? Ever?
Then, who benefits from over-discussing Brexit?
We will forgive politicians and financial journalists for doing that – that is their lame role…
- Is Brexit the last uncertainty in our economic history? No.
- Is Brexit the last major event in Europe? No. Not even for 2016.
- Would Brexit’s consequences be final and never reversed back? No. If ti happens, they could be reversed
- Has the world lived through similar events before? Oh, yes! Thousands of times, conservatively counting 🙂
- Would you keep talking about Brexit a year after the vote? Very unlikely
We can continue…
I am not discussing pros/cons of Brexit – those are obvious to any free-market thinker. Any fence-building hurts free trade and growth.
I am just befuddled by the amount of time that talking heads on Financial news networks dedicated to that subject.
IMHO, fires in Alberta are far more important…